Back to News
NC IDEA Accepting Applications from Innovative Startups
Across the State
Application for Foundation's Seed Grant, Groundwork Labs and SoarTriangle Programs Now Open
DURHAM, NC – February 22, 2017 - NC IDEA, a private foundation committed to supporting entrepreneurial business innovation and economic advancement in North Carolina, announced today that the organization is accepting applications for its twenty-third seed grant cycle, as well as its Groundwork Labs and SoarTriangle acceleration programs, now through March 13th at 5:00pm EST.
The application opportunity is open to NC-based entrepreneurs and companies, and those looking to relocate to North Carolina, for one or a combination of the Foundation’s following programs:
- NC IDEA’s Seed Grant Program provides grants of up to $50K to innovative startups between proof of concept and first institutional funding to support business activities that validate potential markets, reduce risk associated with early stage companies and advance startups to the point of suitability for growth funding; be that crowdfunding, angel or venture capital investment.
- Groundwork Labs is a 10-week “no strings attached” program that accelerates pre-seed startups toward their next goal. The upcoming session begins on May 16th.
- SoarTriangle is a 6-month program that addresses the proven funding gap facing female entrepreneurs starting scalable businesses and actively raising seed or Series A funding.
Interested applicants may attend any of the following information sessions to learn more about NC IDEA’s programs and gain insight on how to write a competitive application. Learn more on how to apply, what NC IDEA looks for in an application and what types of companies are eligible.
- Wednesday, March 1 at 10:30am at The Frontier, RTP
- Wednesday, March 1 at 1:00pm at HQ Raleigh
- Thursday, March 2 at 4:00pm at American Underground, Durham
In addition to information sessions, applicants can schedule Virtual Office Hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays to answer questions. To register for any of the information sessions or sign-up for Virtual Office Hours, visit www.ncidea.org.
The application deadline for all programs is March 13th at 5:00pm EST.
About NC IDEA
NC IDEA is a private foundation committed to supporting business innovation and economic advancement in North Carolina. Today, the organization fulfills this mission through four initiatives. The Ecosystem Partner Grant program funds organizations across the state that execute creative programs to support entrepreneurs. Over the last decade, the Seed Grant program has awarded over $4.75M to 114 high-growth companies across the state. Since 2011, more than 100 companies have participated in the Groundwork Labs startup program. SoarTriangle, a program founded in 2012 to address the proven funding gap for female entrepreneurs, formally became a foundation program in August 2016. Learn more at www.ncidea.org.