Ecosystem Partner Grant
NC IDEA’s mission is to maximize the economic potential of the people of North Carolina by supporting the formation and fruition of high-growth entrepreneurial endeavors in the state.
The Foundation's Ecosystem Partner Grant program is intended to help us identify partners around the state to foster a diverse, collaborative Community; identify and impact promising Companies; facilitate the formation and multiplication of Capital; nurture and attract world-class Talent while optimizing Connectivity.
The Ecosystem Partner Grant program is the largest activity NC IDEA has funded to date. We are pleased to introduce the first cohort of Ecosystem Partner Grant recipients, ten organizations that will be participating alongside the Foundation in an effort to strengthen North Carolina as a national exemplar for entrepreneurship.
- American Underground - $100,000 for STAMPEDE, an incubation program for consumer product companies
- Catawba Valley Community College - $150,000 for StartHub NC, a three-part effort including: Innovation Fund NC, Entrepreneur in Residence program, and Talent JAM
- CED - $150,000 for continued support of the Connections to Capital program
- Duke - $150,000 for the Triangle Venture Alliance, a network of Angel Networks of Triangle-based universities, including Duke University
- First Flight Venture Center - $100,000 for LiftOff, a non-dilutive funding support program for innovation-based companies
- HQ Raleigh - $100,000 for HQ BAM, a multi-faceted incubation effort for entrepreneurs across the state
- Launch Greensboro - $250,000 for a multi-faceted (multi-partner) startup company pipeline development and a seed stage funding mechanism
- MBCOI - $75,000 to support MBCOI's lead role in the Fish 2.0 2017 international competition
- NC RIoT - $100,000 for events, training, promotion, and talent attraction statewide for the Internet of Things (IoT) sector
- Ventureprise - UNC Charlotte - $75,000 for Ventureprise Launch, a program focusing on customer discovery, business model generation, and related lean start-up methodologies